More
16 years 6 months ago #23876 by saidfrh
Replied by saidfrh on topic Re: secure FTP server
Ah, Thank you.
More
16 years 6 months ago #23930 by saidfrh
S0lo,

Setting up the FTP is not as simple as I thought. I downloaded the FTP as you suggested. Do I chose Explicit SSL or Implicit SSL in the set up menu? What is the difference?
Thanks.
More
16 years 6 months ago #23933 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: secure FTP server
nnbnb

Setting up the FTP is not as simple as I thought. I downloaded the FTP as you suggested. Do I chose Explicit SSL or Implicit SSL in the set up menu? What is the difference?
Thanks.

As far as I know, both will work. But you probably have to use the same type for your FTP client also.

If you don't have an SSL enabled FTP client, try:
www.smartftp.com/

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 6 months ago #23943 by saidfrh
S0lo,

How do we select the type of encryption at the server management consul? AES (SSH-2 only, Blowfish, 3DES?
I have downloaded a free client from winscp.net/download/wincsp405.exe the client has the above encryption selection. I am not able to use a client to access the ZFTPServer.

Users names, passwords, groups and directories have been assigned from the server management consul, however, we can not access the server. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
More
16 years 6 months ago #23948 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: secure FTP server

Users names, passwords, groups and directories have been assigned from the server management consul, however, we can not access the server. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Did you try installing the client on the same server and connecting from it ?

Do you have a firewall on the server ?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 6 months ago #23951 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: secure FTP server
WinSCP does not support FTP over SSL. It supports SFTP, which is based on SSH and is not the same thing. Use a client like Filezilla or SmartFTP as Solo advised earlier.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds