Skip to main content

IE all jacked up

More
17 years 1 month ago #20080 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: IE all jacked up
Thanks Dalight i really didn't knew about automated sweep and surgical things. Thanks really...

Cheers..:D

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
17 years 1 month ago #20104 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic nice review....

Great! Spybot's great for a good automated sweep, but if you want to apply surgical precision, HijackThis is the way to go.

just to add to what the "men" have said - Hijackthis actually purges ur system. and in most of the reports u see BHO or some crippy unwanted stuffs.

But let me ask a question and the question is that i once over heard someone saying that Hijackthis could crash and also repair ur system how true is that?

I have been curious because wen it shows the reports u see stuffs that are also beneficiary to the system and in the case of a novice who fixed check without caution...........[/quote]

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 1 month ago #20113 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: nice review....

But let me ask a question and the question is that i once over heard someone saying that Hijackthis could crash and also repair ur system how true is that?

I have been curious because wen it shows the reports u see stuffs that are also beneficiary to the system and in the case of a novice who fixed check without caution...........

That's why HijackThis! should only be used by someone who knows what they are doing or they could disable essential programs.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20874 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic GOOD STUFF TO USE
I use

AD-aware SE personal by lavasoft

in conjunction with

Spybot

with my SBC (ISP's) Virus, Spyware, adware detection software

that works well and if your looking for great free VIRUS detection software

try

AVG Anti-virus

from www.downloads.com

you can schedule and repair the sectors found to be infected with that AVG software.

I recommend always using at least 3 Spy-ware Ad-ware detection programs.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #20875 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Re: IE all jacked up
I didn't mention that those programs I listed above are near idiot proof. They are preset pretty much not to destroy your machine, But you can also go in and do more advanced tings with them such as picking and choosing the files u want deleted/removed.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds