Skip to main content

IE all jacked up

More
17 years 2 months ago #20020 by wannafly172
IE all jacked up was created by wannafly172
I recently somehow picked up a virus and some spyware. I removed both and i still somehow get this when i start IE.... pics not guna show up
but it keeps jackin it to

protectionband.com/

and i cant find a hijacker or redirect and the homepage is google...
i deleated all the cookies and temps so i dont know what else to do?
[/img]

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
17 years 2 months ago #20021 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: IE all jacked up
The homepage in IE is set to google but it keeps redirecting you to protectionband ?

Try regedit

Look at these keys and get rid of offending articles if any.
(Be carefull not to get rid of important programs even if you don't know what they are initially - ctfmon etc. )

Look at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ {Run | RunOnce | RunOnceEx}

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ {Run | RunOnce | RunOnceEx}

I find cleaning up these keys (very carefully) can help sort out a host of problems. Give it a look anyway.
More
17 years 2 months ago #20023 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: IE all jacked up
If the above suggestion still doesn't sort out the problem, you've probably got a dodgy BHO(Browser Helper Object) installed.
What anti-spyware software have you got installed?

Try downloading HijackThis , then post the scan results here for diagnosis.
More
17 years 2 months ago #20028 by ping
Replied by ping on topic Re: IE all jacked up
Or you may try spywere search and destroy from patric colla go to downlods.com and search for "spyware search and destroy".

Cheers..:D

~Ping

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
17 years 1 month ago #20049 by wannafly172
Replied by wannafly172 on topic Re: IE all jacked up
I Ended up using hijackthis because spybot S&D wouldnt find em... i solved it thanks guys

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
17 years 1 month ago #20062 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: IE all jacked up
Great! Spybot's great for a good automated sweep, but if you want to apply surgical precision, HijackThis is the way to go.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds