Skip to main content

Remote Desktop software

More
18 years 5 months ago #11421 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic here's help
sure no problem. remember all that i say from now has to be done at both ends i.e client and you.
first open netmeeting by typing 'conf' in the run dialog box. once netmeeting is on, click of tools, and then on Remote Desktop sharing. it will ask you to turn it on. enable it.
THIS GETS THE COMPUTERS ON BOTH ENDS READY FOR A DESKTOP SHARING SESSION.

now what follows is to be done only by you.
ask your client what his IP address is. once you have got that, put it into the topmost strip window, and then press the telephone button. an incoming call signal will appear on your client's end. tell him to accept it. once that is done you will see his name coming up as a conversation. and your status will change to In a call.
THIS ESTABLISHES A CONNECTION BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR CLIENT

now tell your client to do this:

there is a row of buttons right at the bottom of netmeeting. click on the leftmost button that appears like a white box with a hand beneath it (a typical icon for sharing on windows). you will now be shown with a new window, that will show his desktop as the first option. tell him to select it, and then press the button right beside it which says 'share'. there is also a section named 'control' beneath it. ask him to click on 'allow control'. once he does that, his entire desktop will appear on your screen with an a little option right at the top left corner which says 'request control'. press it. a little dialog box will appear at your client's end asking permission from him to let you take control of his desktop. tell your client to accept it. once that is done, you will be able to control his entire machine as if you were working on it in person
THIS WILL START THE DESKTOP SHARING, ENABLING YOU TO CONTROL HIS PC REMOTELY

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 5 months ago #11422 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic to end it
and when your work is done, all you have to do is to cancel the connection. this entire task needs no registration to any third party site, no fees, no hidden expenses, no expenses actually, its free right from its 'f' to its 'e' ....hehe
but yes..the only drawback is, both you and your client needs to be on windows operating system, and making sure there is no firewall (including the default firewall for sp2 on windows) blocking the connection

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 5 months ago #11548 by sparrow
Hi all, I have found a customize remote control software see link... www.uvnc.com/addons/singleclick.html which I think is good for my business as I like to create my own logo and description on my website. There are 2 other computer repair websites I found are www.qualit-uk.com/express/ and
www.ehelp4u.co.uk/ and they have their own remote desktop software and believe they use a customize version.
Are they any customize remote control software that I could look into if you know any?
Many thanks
Gareth
More
18 years 5 months ago #11561 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Remote Desktop software
Gareth, the UltraVNC SC link is absolutely fantastic. I actually use UltraVNC but I didn't know of the "Single Click" version. It seems tailor-made for your application. I'll definitely be making use of it. Obviously, you will need to make sure that things are secure at your end.
More
18 years 5 months ago #11751 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic UltraVNC
When using something like UltraVNC, what are you guys checking to keep both ends secure?
I haven't ran it yet, but I plan on it here in the future. How is the lag? I have used PCAnywhere, and it was so slow. It felt like I was back in the 56k days.

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
18 years 5 months ago #11763 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Remote Desktop software
I use Tightvnc

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds