Skip to main content

Remote Desktop software

More
18 years 5 months ago #11773 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Remote Desktop software
I always tunnel VNC over SSH, although the UNIX version of TightVnc which sahirh has mentioned does this automatically.
More
18 years 5 months ago #11793 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Remote Desktop software
Will Tightvnc work with my Mac? I would assume it does. The second question is how well does it work with the Macs.

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
18 years 5 months ago #11798 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Remote Desktop software
No there isn't a MAC version, although if you want to use your MAC as a viewer and not a server, you could use the Java viewer. You could also try OSXvnc .
More
18 years 5 months ago #11809 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: Remote Desktop software
OSXvnc does work pretty well. However, the main drawback at the moment is lack of sensible interface for the preferences (you actually have to manually set up the password file! and how do you limit the choice of encodings at the server end? [but that's rarely needed since many/all? viewers allow that] The GUI for setting prefs does not really exist. But once configured, it does appear to do the job. Another downside is that it only allows sharing of the main screen. Also, the cursor is not sent from the server (not a problem with a decent connection, but seeing the remote cursor can be a useful indicator of what's happening under a slower connection).

So I guess OSXvnc will just have to do for the Mac.

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
17 years 8 months ago #16425 by talk2sp
hey my dude whats up,

there alot of remote desktop software, for example Beisync, logmein, and the one that comes with windows or Microsoft remote desktop software....

Hope it works for u as it has been working for me....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 8 months ago #16426 by taqqi14
Replied by taqqi14 on topic Re: Remote Desktop software
i recommend remote admin

Taqqi
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds