Skip to main content

FINDING A GOOD LINUX ?????? I'm Bad at that HELP ME OUT!

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21055 by durk21
I know that but that site had charges and wouldn't let me get it for free at least not the one i wanted I know linux is FREE BASED
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21057 by durk21
BAAAAAHHH im sticking to windows ubuntu deleted my main partition without even asking me or notifying me on all three drives

i had to spend 6 hours reinstalling windows and drivers

maybe later ill load up thiz linux at least that kernal works plus ive got the disc for that

Any opinions on Thiz Linuz 7.0?
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21063 by Smurf
Will be watching this thread myself, i am just getting ready to try my first Linux install, never touched it before in my life but this is a skill set that i really need. Gonna try it in VMWare, just downloaded the free version to play with.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21064 by durk21
Let me know how it goes i think im going to unplug my main drives then try putting on a little old school 4 gig drive i have just to play withsince that dirve is pretty much useless by todays standards
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21067 by jwj
Try seeing if there is a linux user group in your area. One of their main purposes is to help linux newbies. This site is a good place to start: www.linux.org/groups/ , but you could also try to google your city name + linux user group. Good luck.

-Jeremy-
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #21074 by durk21
Thanks Ubuntu really messed up my system now i have to do something with windows to make it recognize my second hdd bc ubuntu messed it up.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds