Skip to main content

Install Mac on PC

More
18 years 7 months ago #9713 by Lindows
Install Mac on PC was created by Lindows
Hey Guys, has anyone tried to install Apples OS on thier PC in a daul boot. I read it slows down pc proformance, but i still want to give it a try.

Lindows

-- The smartest man is the one who ask for help--
More
18 years 7 months ago #9720 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Install Mac on PC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Mac can boot on a PC. Right now they only run on PowerPC processors made by IBM. In the future (who knows when, supposedly next year), Mac will switch to Intel processors, so then you'll be able to dual boot. I think there is a Windows emulator for Mac, not sure about that either. Here's a link to a project that is working on it ...I didn't check it out very closely.

Anybody recommend their iBooks, btw? I am considering getting one because a friend of mine is loving his.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 7 months ago #9722 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Mac on PC
Hmm. Don't know if you can get native MacOS to run on x86 hardware but Apple did do a thing called the PowerPC several years ago and you could probably get that to run.
Also, Microsoft virtual PC is well worth a look. It allows you to run a variety of OSs (all Windows flavours plus Linux plus OS2) in an emulator under your native Windows installation. You can even run several OSs at once if your PC is beefy enough
More
18 years 7 months ago #9734 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Install Mac on PC
nnbnbI think Lindows is referring to the recent move by Apple to switch from PowerPC chips to Intel. This has resulted in the following project ( osx86project.org/ ) which is dedicated to running OSX on x86 hardware. They have all kinds of tips for speeding it up. I think it's worth a try myself.
More
18 years 7 months ago #9742 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic PearPc
Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I came across the an article in ExtremePc magazine. a program called PearPc along with some other little Master boot editors allows you to install Apples OS Panter or Jagur on your pc. I would love to complish this task. i want to practice more using the apple platform.

Lindows

-- The greatest moments in life occur, when you yawn--
More
18 years 7 months ago #9763 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Mac on PC
When you've had a play and conquered it, please post the details!
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds