Skip to main content

Neotrace - I know where you live !

More
20 years 6 months ago #1738 by tfs
Actually, I didn't find the problem with your link. If you look at the shout history, you'll see I was responding to Deathmatrix. I just checked it out and mentioned that it was probably fine when you posted it. Then I just found another place to find it.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 6 months ago #1744 by sahirh
My bad, I just read the shout hist. I really wish Mcafee hadn't swallowed them though... heard that Microsoft is making moves on Google ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 6 months ago #1757 by tfs
You mean part of office might be MSGoogle. Tell me it ain't so !!!! :shock:

Thanks,

Tom
More
19 years 4 months ago #6715 by davidklose
hi guys, i downloaded neotrace , and kaspersky found some kind of viirus in it, called sth like "hacktool"
What is this???
Thanks for your time
DavidKlose
More
19 years 4 months ago #6727 by sahirh
Hacktool is usually what the antivirus scaners detect as tools that hackers use.. its an absolute pain since very often they have legitimate uses...

Case in point, many antivirus scanners will detect nmap or netcat as a 'hacktool'..

Even worse, a default install of Norton Antivirus (I hate that software !) runs around deleting files it can't clean..

Do you know what it feels like to be in the security business, have a 2 GB collection of tools and a whole bunch of well sorted exploits and then have your anti-virus scanner 'decide' that they are 'hacktools' and clean them out ?

I am scarred for life.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds