Skip to main content

Neotrace - I know where you live !

More
19 years 2 months ago #7360 by cyberoidx
:cry: WAH i'm having problems with Neotrace and VisualRoute, both of em get to my ISP's node and cant get beyond that, i tried google and many other sites.... all i get is DESTINATION NOT REACHABLE and a Question Mark on the map.... Please help me.. i wanna know the location of my site... www.technodrome.info and its visitors.....

Surya Sharma
www.Technodrome.info
AR3 Y0U T3CH ENOUGH FOR IT?
More
19 years 2 months ago #7361 by sahirh
Thats odd, its just a simple traceroute..
you can try tracerouting to your site and seeing what comes up.

Another way to 'see' where something is is to lookup the IP address in a whois database such as arin.net or apnic.net

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
18 years 2 months ago #13293 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic neotrace 3.25 killed my PC!!!
mates, i got hold of the neotrace software, and after installing played around with it a little. i was tracing web sites, and servers, when all of a sudden i realised, that some of my other softwares, were turning themselves on automatically. that was not happening before. when i tried to turn them off from task manager, i realized that even task manager was not turning on, and everytime i tried to turn it on from its usual place (right clicking on the task bar on win xp) it would not come up. i tried running it from the run menu using taskman but it came up with an error saying it is being used by some other program!!!
i took the pc off the net, checked for spywares, and viruses, and it came back clean. i mananged to stop the other softwares from popping up on their own by uninstalling them (which i was not very happy about). but still i cannot get task manager up as i could do as will. even pressing alt+ctrl+del does not work!!!
*sigh* i think this is the last time i am trying a software without getting a proper feedback on it.
by the way, any of you, can you tell me a way of putting my pc back to the state it was (i.e working as it should) ??

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 2 months ago #13313 by The_Berzerker
I have tried neotrace on WinXP but didn't have any problems. Maybe it's just a coinsidence...
More
18 years 2 months ago #13316 by DaLight

by the way, any of you, can you tell me a way of putting my pc back to the state it was (i.e working as it should) ??

Have you tried System Restore?
More
18 years 2 months ago #13320 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic back to base!!!
no, i was an idiot not to create a restore point. but i managed to bring back to what my system was. i removed the neotrace software, used trend micro's online scan, and ewido's online scan. they detected about 1500 infections and pin pointed to a massive security breach of a span of 2 seconds when all those came in. the major infections created a folder with about 6000 files in it!!! which were sending info out to the net. i traced it to the receiver, blocked it. removed all the infected files.
now task manager is back, so is everything else.
*phew* i hate to see my favourite computer not working the way it normally does, now its back to its normal state, and you should have seen my cheshire cat smile after all was ok!!! :D
thanks for everything

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds