Skip to main content

Roaming

More
16 years 10 months ago #21792 by facer
Replied by facer on topic Re: Roaming
I have tested it and it works! Thank you very much for your replies.

Do the channels have to be only 1 6 and 11? Or can i use others? (our access points list 1 - 13 and overlap quite a bit)
More
16 years 10 months ago #21797 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Roaming
Great! I'm glad it is working. Having the correct channels will give the best performance.

Using channels: 1, 6, and 11 do not overlap at all.

If you have a great deal of APs, you could use 1, 4, 7, and 11.

Are your APs on multiple floors? If so, remember that the signal is in 3D, so you don't want to put the same channel on top of each other.

Take a look at this link: technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/...4f1033.mspx?mfr=true
More
16 years 10 months ago #21819 by facer
I have it all up any running now, the staff are very happy.
Thanks very much for all your information, i feel a little stupid now as i didn't realise it could be so easy!

Thanks again 8)
More
16 years 10 months ago #21823 by skepticals
Great! I'm glad it is working. It's always a better day when staff are happy :-)

No need to feel stupid; you just didn't know. I wasn't 100% positive it was going to work either without knowing the specifics. There are too many concepts in IT to know everything. As long as you can seek the information and use it you should be fine.

Let me know if there are any other issues.

By the way, are you still using the Windows Zero Config? If so, is it switching between the APs automatically?
More
16 years 10 months ago #21832 by facer
Lol, it certainly is!

Yes i am still using Windows Zero Config and it seems to be handeling it ok.

I'm sure i will be back when i get some more problems!

Cheers 8)
More
16 years 10 months ago #21833 by skepticals
Sounds good. In that case, I hope not to see you. That way I know you have not had any additional problems.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds