Skip to main content

beeps

More
16 years 11 months ago #21426 by oscar1092
beeps was created by oscar1092
Hello,

im having troubles with my pc. the promblem is when ever i have my keyboard connected i get these series of beeps, its like 1 beep then fast continous beeps and 1 long beep. its worked befor but i disconnected it because i installed a new video card, card works fine, its just the keyboard. help will be apreciated

Thanks
Oscar
More
16 years 11 months ago #21427 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Re: beeps
It's a simple hardware detection error it just means you need to boot with your keyboard unplugged.

Then start windows; Plug in your keyboard make sure it gets detected and turned on and all necessary drivers for it are found by hardware manager.

Then simply restart your system completely to make sure the driver config gets saved to file properly.

then it should work.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21429 by oscar1092
Replied by oscar1092 on topic Re: beeps
Thanks for Your help but i cant manage to do that because im stuck at the login/welcome screen because i cant type in my password. Any other help will be greatly appreciated
More
16 years 11 months ago #21430 by durk21
is it a USB keyboard?

By the way you really shouldn't setup password logins in case of things like this if its a personal pc.

If it's a USB keyboard you have 2 options either buy a PS/2 keyboard and plug it in or try a USB to PS/2 Adapter for your keyboard.

USB keyboards are not often detected upon boot up (especially mine) so I always keep a PS/2 adapter or old PS/2 keyboard just in case.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21431 by durk21
I should note that upon startup many of the USB's do not receive power until windows is up and running and logged in. This is usually because they require driver signing before they can work. The only sure port for a keyboard that ALWAYS receives power upon start up is the PS/2 Slot on the mother board. The same thing goes for the mouse BUT the mouse is often detected while the keyboard goes unrecognized.

When you get it fixed I suggest you also look into updating your USB's drivers , and possibly your keyboard and mouse drivers as well.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21432 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: beeps

its like 1 beep then fast continous beeps and 1 long beep.

Curious, make sure that none of the keys are stuck pressed. It happens some times on heavily used keyboards, you'd have a sticky key that does'nt go up after its pressed down. Make sure that this is not the case.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds