Skip to main content

need help on my PC beeping

More
17 years 9 months ago #15391 by Starfire
Has the pc been moved around recently? Have you had electricity problems going on (storms/spikes/etc) ? These are things that could possibly effect the connections and the circuitry itself which is what the bios tests for the minimum it needs to turn the big box of wires into a working computer.

BIOS manufacturer's website will tell you exactly what the the beeps mean. Bios is first thing you see on the screen as you switch it on. Be quick and don't blink or you'll miss seeing it. You need the manufacturer and the version.

Simple things to check are keyboard / mouse plugged in the wrong way round. I'm forever doing that one.

Hard drive, Video, Network, Sound, LPT Printer are not tested by post unless the connectors are physically gone. These are tested later.

Next check connections inside are firmly in place. Don't be too rough in there while your checking.

Next step, memory. (happens surprisingly a lot in this day and age even on fresh out of the box equipment)

If it's anything to do with individual parts of you motherboard then it's usually a lot cheaper and more straightforward just to go out and buy a new one.
More
17 years 7 months ago #16615 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic CHECK THE ......
from my past experience i will advice u check 2 things

1. first check the RAM to make sure u are not joining a DD and SD.

2. check ur VGA card, most beeps are caused by VGA cards but people think most beeps are caused by RAMS thats not to say u should not check ur RAM still go ahead and check it out.

try this broda and see if it works for u real tight....

cheers..

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 7 months ago #16641 by Atech
Replied by Atech on topic CPU fan alarm
Hi

I had the same issue with a friend's PC.

I went into the BIOS and found that it was the CPU fan warning. The PC beeped more frequently the longer the it was on. And whenever you run any program it would beep.

In the BIOS there was a setting for a temperature alarm, when I disabled this alarm the beeping stopped proving it was a the CPU fan.

he changed this and when he activated the alarm it was not there anymore

Atech
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds