Skip to main content

need help on my PC beeping

More
18 years 1 month ago #13332 by Prinz
My computer problems is that... it beeps fast & continously whenever i turn it on. I dont think its fromm video and memory problem, because i have already dettached both but still it beeps and not stopping until i unplugged its power.

if ever someone has encountered something like this... it would be a great help...

thanks
More
18 years 1 month ago #13333 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: need help on my PC beeping
hi,

what type of motherboard do you have?

try to check if your memory cards are not faulty. try to swap them with a known working one.
More
18 years 1 month ago #13334 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic issues
When you switch your PC on, the BIOS chip performs a series of tests on itself and some parts of your hardware. Since there's no operating system loaded at that point, the BIOS needs some way to tell you when something isn't right, hence the beeps. Each BIOS manufacturer uses a different set of failure beep codes, so it will depend on which BIOS your PC uses. For example, five beeps on a PC fitted with the AMI BIOS from American Megatrends indicates a problem with the main motherboard. Since you're not sure whether it is actually five beeps or not, you need to check this, then visit the Web site :

www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

which provides a comprehensive listing of beep codes for all major BIOS manufacturers. It's always worth disconnecting your PC from the mains, opening the case and finally removing, then replacing the memory. It could well be that your memory is simply badly seated and isn't making a connection when you first switch on.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 1 month ago #13335 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic on second thoughts
on second thoughts mate, i think it just might be your keyboard. try using a new keyboard. do you get any keyboard error on the screen, or the screen remains blank as well apart from the beeping?

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 1 month ago #13336 by The_Berzerker
From my experience, continuous beeping is mainly a faulty memory problem.
As jhun suggested try swapping the mem module(s) with one that surely works
Cheers
More
18 years 1 month ago #13364 by monsky
the same with arani had said. the PC runs a POST or power on self test, and each there are different beep codes.. there is for memory failure, video card failure etc. and sometimes there is a stuck key on your keyboard as berserker said.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds