Skip to main content

is it possible 2 find Subnet Mask

More
13 years 2 months ago #36258 by rizin
Hi,

I gave the website details on my above post.

Well i had tested point to point with different subnet IP Address and it is working fine

1) I gave serial interface number instead of IP Address and it is working perfect.

2) I had done this on GNS3, however I had got lot of authentic suggestions that Point to Point is possible across the globe with two different subnet ID's.

Regards,

Rizin.

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
More
13 years 2 months ago #36259 by S0lo
rizin, It's good to know about IPLC and IPEL, never heard of those before. The first (IPLC) is clearly a point to point at layer 3. And IPEL is at layer 2.

I'm guessing, in both cases, Unless it's a satellite connection, if the actual connections use the Internet back bones, then they most probably are doing some tunneling in between, but the customer (you) will not see that or care about it. I'm saying this because it's really not easy for a single company to have their private physical lines all over the glob, unless their service is limited to some countries only. Again, it could be done over satellite lines otherwise.

In short it seams that IPLC is close to what your looking for.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
13 years 2 months ago #36260 by rizin
Hi,

Well i had tested point to point with different subnet IP Address and it is working fine

1) I gave serial interface number instead of IP Address and it is working perfect.

2) I had done this on GNS3, however I had got lot of authentic suggestions that Point to Point is possible across the globe with two different subnet ID's.

The above Quote has been done without IPLC & IEPL.

Requesting Geek's Attention :D on above. Acknowledge or suggest.

Thanks,

Rizin

Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds