Skip to main content

A+ or Network+??

More
20 years 1 month ago #2998 by mew
Replied by mew on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
The Network+ is non-proprietary while CCNA is Cisco proprietary. However the CCNA is considered to be more rigorous therefore often more respected. I would suggest getting both. First go for the Network+ then the CCNA.

As to your original question I believe that has been accurately answered. However, I would suggest all of the above in the following order A+, then Network+, then CCNA. This would be in the order of PC hardware then networking PC’s then advanced networking. Not to mention the CCNP. Oh by the way check out the certifications of the firewall.cx moderators. Impressive! I mean this to be complementary not syntactically. These guys are great.
More
20 years 1 month ago #2999 by mew
Replied by mew on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
:oops: Opps, I just realized my spell checker and I were not in synch, as I meant cynically not syntactically. I’ve never been a good speller just halfway good at big words as long as the spell checker kept me in check. :oops:
More
20 years 1 month ago #3000 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
Yes I agree.. they are good :)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #3003 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
:D thank you guys for the advice and the help. yes i will follow your advices. again many thanks and yes i do agree that the guys running this joint are simply one of the best guys around. :D
More
20 years 1 month ago #3009 by glacier
Replied by glacier on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
I just took the A+/Net+ tests (successfully) and would agree that they are the place to start. I went through "The Training Camp" program for training and test prep. They use the Mike Meyers' passport study guides and I thought they were easy to understand and very interesting to boot. Being kinda new to PC world and not having been back to school in twenty years, these 2 tests got me going ing the right direction. Now I just need some ideas which career path to take, Any suggestions anyone???

glacier
More
20 years 1 month ago #3011 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
hi

congratz there glacier! nicely done....having been through the two test which of the two is hardest?....and can you give me some pointers on how to study?...is self study enough to be able to pass the exam?...

and by the way what should i look out for in the exams?...thanks a million....

ps
any book in mind that i may use as a study material?...again many thanks

jhun
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds