Skip to main content

A+ or Network+??

More
20 years 1 month ago #2917 by jhun
A+ or Network+?? was created by jhun
Hi to all

Hope you are all doing fine. I am a newbie going to the intermediate level of networking... :D ... and I would like to take a certification either the A+ or the Network+ exam.

In your opinion, which exam should be best to take first?...and can you teach me some tips on how to study for either the exam?...

Any website or book that you could recommend?....

thanks for the help

-jhun
More
20 years 1 month ago #2918 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
Well if you're interested in networking then you should do the Network+ certification.. the A+ is a hardware certification.

Otherwise you could consider a CCNA or an MCSE

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #2951 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
Right.

A+ is more geared to someone who wants to work in as a PC repair tech. It does have some networking stuff, but mainly the basics.

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 1 month ago #2982 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic a+ or Network+
well i'm really into noetworking right now, so i guess i would take the network + exam. tnx guys. by the way do you know any review materials or websites i could look onto to for sutdying? any help would be very much appreciated....again many thanks for the advices...have a nice day.... :D
More
20 years 1 month ago #2984 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: A+ or Network+??
If you check the rest of this forum out you'll find a ton of klinks to different certification sites.. I'll post a couple of network+ specific ones later..

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #2996 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic A+ or Network+?
Tnx Sahir

Yes i've managed to breeze through the forum and found some interesting materials i could use for review but is there a particular book that really has it all?..

also is there a difference between the Network+ and the CCNA certification or are they just the same?...what i mean is that who has the bigger advantage....Network+ certified or CCNA certified?.....again many thanks!
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds