Skip to main content

Doing an MSc while working

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #14032 by cisman
That's 100% right arani. i had same start like that and i also used to feel the same way when i was doing my msc in uk.

arani said

as long as you can give dignity to what labour you are giving while doing any job, as long as its done in sincerety and humbleness, you will go ahead

thats a cool statement and its true.

hi the_berzerker firstly congrats for getting offer from uni. And like you said, you can get some nice paid part-time jobs as network adim or engineer (feild engineer) for the experience you got- from many web sited like cwjobs.co.uk,jobsite, theitjobboard.com etc keep looking the sure you'll get it.
i think you wont have much problem while working as you are enrolled for partime
keep focused and best of luck. :wink:
More
18 years 3 weeks ago #14034 by The_Berzerker
Thanx for the info mates,
Brunel has high scores in all the tables that i have looked at, but I'm not sure how much i should trust them. Arani, how was studying at Greenwich? It has some courses that i was interested in and have actually applied for, but the ratings that it has received lately are very bad... :?
Cheers
More
18 years 3 weeks ago #14035 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic greenwich
dont know about recent ratings, because i have not checked. but i can assure you, the Computing and Mathematical Sciences Department is wonderful. i had no complaints.
if you have applied then i would say you have done the right thing. by the way which course are you interested in?

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 3 weeks ago #14040 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic info
your best reference should be the UCAS Table. my university though not on the top of the list, still has some position on it. i am not bragging about it. but also at the same time, you have to appreciate the fact that i would be a bit biased about Greenwich University for the obvious reasons!!!
but let's face the truth, if you like some of the courses in MSc that Greenwich has to offer, i think you should just come in for a visit (Greenwich has some designated Open Days) and see for yourself, what's what.
you should check it out for yourself, i can only guide you to a certain degree, but i dont want to influence any decision you take. this is something you should do with every university you want to apply to. check the courses, check their performances, check the placements options after you have finished your course and all other such relevant issues.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 3 weeks ago #14041 by DaLight
Brunel has an excellent reputation especially for technical degrees, and is one of the "red-brick" universities which are second only to Oxford and Cambridge in prestige. As for student jobs, a lot of agencies are now geared towards students so I'm sure something will pop up. Also, your department might have opportunities for tutorial work/lab supervision with undergraduates. That also used to provide me with some income during my studies.
More
18 years 3 weeks ago #14045 by The_Berzerker
Thanx again mates for all the info.
Arani, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the UCAS tables for undergraduate studies and Hero for Postgraduate?
Also my MSc will be in information systems management and the university has to be a good one in both Computing and Business. If brunel has a good reputation and companies know that, then i would go for it.
Anyway, I hope that all goes well and I'll find a job when I come.
Cheers mates :wink:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds