Skip to main content

Need Help with NAT issue

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #30051 by itspec
Replied by itspec on topic Thanks
Thanks much for the info. I will definitely give that a try. If there are any other suggestions I would be happy to hear them. Again thanks for the input
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #30052 by itspec
Replied by itspec on topic Still Trying
I have tried using the router as a DNS server as mentioned above in an earlier post using the following config statements

ip dns view default
domain timeout 1
domain retry 0
domain round-robin
dns forwarder 65.24.7.10
dns forwarder 65.24.7.11

ip dns server
ip dhcp pool DHCP_VLAN1_LAN
network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
dns-server 192.168.1.1
default-router 192.168.1.1
ip host www.iphotozz.com 192.168.1.11
ip host mail.iphotozz.com 192.168.1.11

Unfortunately it did not work. Although I am not 100% certain that the above config is correct. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #30054 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Need Help with NAT issue
For DNS, try our knowledge-base article:

www.firewall.cx/tk-cisco-routers-dns.php

For DHCP, I noticed that you already have a DHCP pool on your previous config (sdm-pool: 192.168.1.0 /24). If this is working, and is NOT for a different subnet, then you don't need to define another DHCP pool. You will only need to add:

[code:1]Router# conf t
Router(config)# ip dhcp pool sdm-pool
Router(dhcp-config)# dns-server 192.168.1.1[/code:1]

This will tell your hosts to use your router as the DNS server.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #30074 by itspec
Replied by itspec on topic Thanks
Thanks for all the help.. I was able to get things to work by adding the domain names to my host file in the computers that I want tpo be able to connect to the website from within the network. I am still going to work on configuring the router as the DNS server. I would rather have it set up that way so that when ever I have a computer that I want to be able to get to the website using the domain name I won't have to change anything. Thanks again
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds