Skip to main content

Re-direction problems in IPCOP

More
17 years 10 months ago #15664 by DaLight
Sorry facer, I forgot to include the line that defines the variables.
[code:1]. /var/ipcop/ethernet/settings[/code:1]

I know that you've manually entered the "eth0" and "eth1" settings. But if you're not absolutely sure which is RED and which is GREEN, you can simply insert the above code in the script and reinsert the variable names. So /etc/rc.d/rc.local file should now look like this:

[code:1]
#!/bin/sh

. /var/ipcop/ethernet/settings

# Flush Custom Input Rules
/sbin/iptables -F CUSTOMINPUT
/sbin/iptables -F CUSTOMFORWARD

#bar access for all IPs
/sbin/iptables -A CUSTOMFORWARD -i $GREEN_DEV -s 0/0 -o $RED_DEV -j DROP
[/code:1]
More
17 years 10 months ago #15673 by facer
I do know which is which, but i have inserted that line and used the veriables insted.
My /etc/rc.d/rc.local file now looks exactly the same as the code you posted above, but it is still sending ip requests out to the external proxy.
Any ideas what might be wrong?
More
17 years 10 months ago #15674 by DaLight
The changes will still cause the external proxy error page to come up, but should prevent the link on the error page from working. If it does not would you be able to post the html of the error page as well the output of the "iptables -L" command (run from the command prompt of your IPCOP).
More
17 years 10 months ago #15677 by facer
Ah i thought it would stop the error page.
When you click the link it still works.
This is the page the link goes to:

And this is what i would like to be displayed when i banned site is visited (sorry i much not have been very clear in my origional post)
More
17 years 10 months ago #15678 by DaLight
You mentioned in a previous post that it took you to the banned page when you clicked on the [ 191.168.0.3:81/redirect.cgi ] link. From your last post it seems that this is now being blocked. I thought that was your original intention. I don't think you can prevent the initial external proxy error page coming up as you have specified an external proxy in your IPCOP settings.

BTW, have you got any proxies set up in in Internet Explorer?
More
17 years 10 months ago #15679 by facer
Sorry i think we got our wires crossed a bit (my fault for not properly descirbing the problem!)
By the banned page i mean the one i have a screen shot of in my last post.
Yes i have the ipcop ip adrress set in internet explorer as my proxy.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds