Skip to main content

Re-direction problems in IPCOP

More
17 years 10 months ago #15612 by facer
I am trying to set up the url filter ad on for IP cop.
It seems to work very well the only problem i am having is that when you try and access a blocked page, ip cop sends the requested for the banned site page out to the external proxy, and seen as it is a local (192.) address the proxy denies acces to it. There is a link on the denided page from the external proxy pointing to the 192 address, and if you click that then the url filter banned page is dispalyed as the browser is set up not to send requests for local address out to the proxy.
Is there any way this setting in the url filter can be changed so it dosn't send the request to the external proxy?
Any help would be greatly appriciated. 8)
More
17 years 10 months ago #15613 by DaLight
Welcome to firewall.cx, facer.
I'm don't quite understand your question. Can you answer the following:
1. Do you have another proxy server on your network in addition to your IPCOP (Squid)?
2. Is your Squid running in Transparent mode on GREEN?
3. Have you entered any value in the "Redirect to this URL" field on the URLFilter settings page?
4. Do you have an upstream proxy specified in the Webproxy settings page?
More
17 years 10 months ago #15614 by facer
Thanks da light

1. Do you have another proxy server on your network in addition to your IPCOP (Squid)?

No, i am just pointing the browser straight to IPCOP

2. Is your Squid running in Transparent mode on GREEN?

Do you mean on the IPCOP? If so, no. But i have tried it on transparent but it don't seem to make a difference

3. Have you entered any value in the "Redirect to this URL" field on the URLFilter settings page?

No, i am trying to use the standard page in URl filter.

4. Do you have an upstream proxy specified in the Webproxy settings page?

Yes, as that is how i connect to the internet (that's the external proxy i refer to)
More
17 years 10 months ago #15621 by DaLight
Any chance of a screen shot of the "Access Denied" warning page from the proxy.
More
17 years 10 months ago #15626 by facer
Yep no problem

filter5.core.vitalnycc.co.uk is the external proxy

When you click on the link it takes you to the page as the browser knows not to send the request out to the external proxy.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15628 by DaLight
Relying on the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" option is probably not a good idea.

Best thing is to set Squid to TRANSPARENT and then block all IP access in iptables.

This way, all HTTP and FTP traffic will be forced to go through the proxy server and no-one will be able to go out on any ports apart from 21, 80, 443 (and others specified in your /var/ipcop/proxy/squid.conf file)
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds