Skip to main content

What is the Best Fire Wall for and ISP?

More
18 years 4 months ago #12308 by chaouki
In my point of view i tried PIX, astaro, checkpoint and Stonegate FW.

The best one for me is Stonegate FW . is stable so easy to manage and they a lot of features without add cost.

And it designed for operator, ISP, MSP and other ig company.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12401 by sainfoman
Replied by sainfoman on topic Best Firewall
We installed the Astro Fire Wall, costly but worth every cent.
This firewall ROCKS Read more at www.astaro.com
More
18 years 4 months ago #12403 by stefke
Hi,

My guess would be:

The fastest, most robust, easy to manage, network and application level firewall you can get for the least amount of money... i.e. every firewall admins wet dream :-)

For an ISP the Astaro will pretty much do the job.. except for the money part ;-)

Greetz,

Stefan
More
18 years 4 months ago #12407 by FallenZer0
Replied by FallenZer0 on topic Re: firewalls

hi, what kind of firewall are you looking for, a software firewall or a hardware firewall, what are the key features you want in that firewall, that might be a guiding light for your search.

Is there such a thing called Software FW and a HW Firewall? Someone please explain?

Isn't it just Code/Set Of Instructions?

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
18 years 4 months ago #12410 by nske
Indeed. By the term "hardware firewall", "hardware router" etc. we commonly refer to devices designed specifically for that purpose (packet filtering, routing, ..). As opposed to the general-use computers -like ibm PC- these devices by their OS have very limited capabilities -if any at all- of running custom software and that's mostly because both their hardware and software specs are usually proprietary and not open.

Of course technically everything is done by software, however since their hardware can not be used for anything else than what their manufacturer has predicted, they are commonly referred as hardware devices.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds