Skip to main content

What is the Best Fire Wall for and ISP?

More
18 years 5 months ago #12178 by sainfoman
Can someone tell me what is the best Fire wall for an ISP?

Will it be the Sonicwall Products? We have tried it and do not seem to work well and cost a arm and a leg

Do any body know the Astaro Fire wall? Hear it is very good and stabile with Spam assistance

Or the AstroFlowGuard

Please help we are desperate and spend a lot of money on the Sonicwall but have to restart the dam thing every once a day.

Thanks
More
18 years 5 months ago #12183 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic firewalls
hi, what kind of firewall are you looking for, a software firewall or a hardware firewall, what are the key features you want in that firewall, that might be a guiding light for your search.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 5 months ago #12189 by ping
Hi,

From what sainfoman is saying i can derrive that he is in need of s/w firewall becouse the name he had given came out to be s/w firewall plus a spam guard.
on the other hand i think sainfoman that you should clearify the job firewall inteted to do so that ppls here may get idea and can suggest you.

Cheers..:D

~Pranav

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
18 years 5 months ago #12191 by anti-hack
Replied by anti-hack on topic Checkpoint
Hi buddy,

I have used a Checkpoint firewall on Linux. It is pretty secure and fairly easy to maintain and configure. It is also an enterprise level product, as you are talking about an ISP. Not to take anything away from Sonicwall, but expereince on its product proved that it is very effective for a small/medium size organization.

hope i helped,

Regards,

Anti-hack.
More
18 years 4 months ago #12251 by TheeGreatCornholio
Hello all,

I agree for the most part with Anti-hack... except for the CheckPoint part man... sorry - I'm a PIX guy :)

Anyway - I've been messing around with the SonicWall product line for around 4+ years now... if you have a box that is crashing every day, you are having a unique problem. There are 10's of thousands of those things deployed globally (if not more), working just fine, so you you have one of the following things happening to yours:

- A bad/buggy software image... upgrade the code!
- A hardare problem with the box, where it is causing crashes... open a case with SonicWall and RMA the thing.
- Strage/unsupported configuration (doubtful, but possible)
- Someone on the internet DoS'ing you because of a potential known vulnerability on the code you are running - upgrade the code.

Hopefully you have upgraded the code by now... ;)

If that doesn't help - I'd RMA the thing.

Best of luck to you...

tGc
More
18 years 4 months ago #12290 by jrolfedrev
You can buy a cheap Netscreen in Ebay.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds