Skip to main content

EXCHANGE 2007

More
16 years 8 months ago #22977 by Kaneda
Replied by Kaneda on topic Re: EXCHANGE 2007
Where I work, the exchange server keeps the user mail on the server as well as in a local outlook.pst file. Some users prefer to auto-archive their emails (since they get so many) and this has caused issues since files are then not stored on our servers but locally. so if a users PC goes down the doo-doo really hits the fan. By default our users get 250meg of disk-space but, of course, this isn't enough for some folks and instead of clearing out their mail boxes they'll opt to autoarchive.

This system seems to work fairly well. We have backups going back many, many months so if a user's PC is trashed and they have their mail stored on one of the mail servers, we can usually restore their entire Outlook for them.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22978 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: EXCHANGE 2007
Kaneda,

What are you using to create your backups?
More
16 years 8 months ago #22982 by sidekick
Replied by sidekick on topic Re: EXCHANGE 2007
Hi skeptikal,
How can I use folder redirection on the .pst files?Will they be still on the roaming profile?
I just want all the user data to be in the roaming profile.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22985 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: EXCHANGE 2007
You can setup folder redirection using group policy. I have the Desktop and My Documents folders redirected to the server. This works together with roaming profiles. From there, you would need to make sure the .pst files are saved into your users My Documents folder (which is redirected to the server). Your users will not be able to tell the folder is actually on the server when saving to the my documents folder.
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds