Skip to main content

EXCHANGE 2007

More
16 years 8 months ago #22913 by sidekick
EXCHANGE 2007 was created by sidekick
I am currently using mdaemon for my emails with about 100 users.The outlook pst files are on the users local machine profile.
I have procured a new server(HP proliant ML370) with SAS drives and 2gb RAM.I intend to make this a file server and implement roaming profiles.
I also want to install EXCHANGE 2007 an make it a mail server.
Can the outlook pst files be stored on the server with the user profiles rather than on the local machine such that users mails are loaded when they log in?
Please assist.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22926 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: EXCHANGE 2007
Yes, the .pst *can* be stored on the server, but I read documents that stated it was not a good idea to do so. Currently, I am using roaming profiles and Exchange 2007 and all of the .pst files are stored locally as well.

Someone else may have more information. I do not have the documents in front of me, but they suggested to keep them stored locally.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22930 by muriloninja
Replied by muriloninja on topic Re: EXCHANGE 2007
I would NOT store PST's on the server. I have users around here with enormous PST's. I advise my users to either store their PST's in their user folder on the network or face the possibility of losing them due to a HDD crash.

I don't take responsibility for user's PST's.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22934 by skepticals
I'm confused muriloninja. First you said:

I would NOT store PST's on the server.

THen you said:

I advise my users to either store their PST's in their user folder on the network

What do you mean by "on the network"? Wouldn't that mean the PSTs are stored on a server share?
More
16 years 8 months ago #22938 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: EXCHANGE 2007
lol, i thought the same but couldn't be bothered posting. I think they mean don't put it into a roaming profile ? only thing i could think anyway.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 8 months ago #22939 by skepticals
Haha, okay. Not putting it in the roaming profile makes sense... unless of course you use folder redirection.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds