Skip to main content

touble shooting cisco router

More
11 years 10 months ago #38004 by sais
expert pls advice trouble shooting method in customer side router . i have 2 Mbps speed from isp .
but whn i access router and show interface , the output is shown below.in attahed file.

aslo explain . which command is used to find each pc use how much bandwidth? also hw to reduce from lan pc ........
Attachments:
More
11 years 10 months ago #38006 by sais
no answer ???????????????????
More
11 years 10 months ago #38007 by Arani
Hi there mate,

For any of us to troubleshoot, you need to tell us what the 'trouble' is.

Instead of going for commands for bandwidth usage, why not try some freebie software on the web which does the same, Only issue is you will have to install them on each individual pc that you want to monitor.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
11 years 10 months ago #38009 by sais
hai ;
as am beginer to network (work for isp ). so i want know the command .....to trouble shoot the cisco router like : cmd sh int , there any command where i find all pc connected to router ? which pc is consuming bandwidth ???????
More
11 years 10 months ago #38010 by Arani
Ok my friend,

On the cisco router, to take a quick glance at all your working interfaces, try the following command,

show ip int brief

This command will show you a list of all interfaces, active or not, their settings, and their current status, i.e. administratively on/off, protocol on/off.

If you want a very detailed info about your interfaces on the router, try the following command

show int

This will show a indepth info list of each interface, one by one. ( you will have to scroll a lot to cover all your interfaces). This command gives more than sufficient information, and will cover your needs for now.

I will stick my earlier suggestion about installing freeware on individual computers to monitor their bandwidth usage.

Hope this helps for now

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds