Skip to main content

CPU goes to 100% when I open a web application

More
19 years 8 months ago #4847 by Iceman
I have a DEll Latitude C640 laptop, running WinXP Pro Ver. 2002.
The system appears to be running just fine > when I try to enter a Live Meeting session or any other web based application > my CPU shoots up to 100% and the system locks up. I have already run all types of spyware apps (ie: spybot, ad-aware) but both scan come up clean. What else could be causing my CPU to spike like that and crash my system? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
More
19 years 8 months ago #4850 by jhun
have you check your task manager for any programs that may be using additional resources?..is there any other process that makes your cpu go up?..is your system capable of such resource usage?
More
19 years 8 months ago #4851 by drizzle
Are you up-to-date with your Windows Update Patches? (minus Service Pack 2)
More
19 years 8 months ago #4862 by Cool_Spot
Also your Anti-Virus? Check that is up to date.. Any strange dial up's in your "network connections"/ control panel.

Presumably if its crashing when you are only using the Internet and not when using any other app, then its usually virus/spyware related, especially with microsoft IE

grrr
More
19 years 8 months ago #4863 by sahirh
Open task manager or ProcessXP and check which process is using the most CPU

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 8 months ago #4870 by kreichek
Replied by kreichek on topic n
Please check the CPU time utilised by services.exe process in the taskmanager. If it shows that it is using more than 80% then it is def infected with the blaster worm.. So plz download the blaster removal tool from microsoft site and update ur antivirus def files

warm regds
kreichek
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds