after sometimes it gets shutdown

pls help me

Regards

ABDULLAAAAAaa :lol:
More
19 years 9 months ago #4357 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Windows XP problem
hi

if it is a shell error, it's either if it is a fresh install, it was installed uncorrectly or, if it is already installed and has already programs in it, check whether you have installed a new program that is conflicting with your os, if there is uninstall it. also try to check if there has been some alterations with your system files due to viruses ro even adwares.
More
19 years 9 months ago #4377 by drizzle
Replied by drizzle on topic Re: Windows XP problem
This sounds like a couple of worms that are out there. Have you applied all the latest microsoft security patches? If not, try disconnecting any internet connection and boot into safe mode. Install some antivirus software and then apply the latest patches.

Can you give us any more info on the error you are receiving?
More
19 years 9 months ago #4405 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: Windows XP problem
windows xp has a built in reporting tool that pops up everytime it recognizes a glitch in your os with regards to a conflicting hardware or software embeded in your system. annoying it may seem i find this tool very useful since it can tell you on a technical aspect what would have possibly gone wring with your system.

but since this problem involves a shell error, i believe that this might have been caused by a virus...or hijack files that might have installed some programs within your system that is messing up windows...

try to install, as drizzle said, the latest patches for your win xp box and make sure that your AV softwares are updated...and you could also try to install adware programs to check if you have any hijack files installed in your system...

hope that these would help...

have a good day.. :)
More
19 years 9 months ago #4408 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Windows XP problem
Personally I dont like the error reporting tool much.. it doesnt give you the sort of information you need to troubleshoot.. it sends off arbitrary data to an arbitrary place, and debugging a windows core dump is like trying to install DOS 5.0 on an Xbox

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 9 months ago #4409 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: Windows XP problem
I have a few questions:

* Was this a fresh install?
* Did the install go ok?
* Have you tried doing a "Clean Boot"? What were the results?
* Does this error generate in VGA Mode?

You may have issues with hardware failure, RAM failure, 3rd party software conflicts, corrupted install of Windows or all the above.

Best Regards,

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds