Skip to main content

DC's Database Replication

More
20 years 7 months ago #403 by SmartDude
Hello Network Gurus,
Can anybody tell me When there are 2 Win2k Adv Server DC's in one network, if one gets crashed then the database of that which crashed can replicate to the other one ? If so then, will it replicate automatically or we have to configure manually those 2 DC to let replicate their database.

Are the terms LOAD BALANCING, REPLICATION N MIRRIORING refers same thing ? Hope u guys got my question so i m waiting for ur response. See ya

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
More
20 years 7 months ago #404 by jackeen
Replied by jackeen on topic DC's Database Replication
Hi Sussane

just to answer your first question

in windows 2k server/advance server once more than 1 dc is installed on a network the database is automatically shared between all other dc's,and therefore is updated when chages are made.

secondly if i understood you question correctly load balancing and mirroring are not the same thing,

load balancing is where 2 or more servers and set up to share the same task or job,

mirroring is where you have a standby server that replicates everything that is on the original server and is ready to take over is the original fails

hope this helps
More
20 years 7 months ago #405 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DC's Database Replication
jackeen seems to have covered it all nicely!

If you need more information, I would suggest you also checkout microsoft's knowledgebase.

On a last note, in Active directory, every server is a domain controller, as the directory is replicated on every server that joins the AD.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds