Skip to main content

Plz need some help

More
19 years 11 months ago #3866 by Raymond
Plz need some help was created by Raymond
I dont really know anything about computers. I want to disable my firewall so i can host a game But i dont know how to do it. Something about typing my ip into my adress bar. I have windows ME and i dont know what kinda security or firewall it is. Thanx alot Raymond
More
19 years 11 months ago #3868 by sLz
Replied by sLz on topic Re: Plz need some help
Well Windows ME doesn't come with an inbuilt ICF (Firewall) and so i'm assuming it'll be a simple dumb firewall like ZoneAlarm or whatever it may be, open the Firewall application most probably found on your start menu, if you can't figure how to turn it off from the firewall application, atleast find out what firewall it is and give us a shout once you have...if you can. good luck. :D
More
19 years 11 months ago #3878 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Plz need some help
From what you've said about typing an IP into your address bar, I deduce that you have a cable / DSL connection and that you have a router that gives you your net connection.

You need to type the IP of the router into your browser bar to access the web management console (if this is linksys or something like that it should be pretty clear from here onwards).

Once you're there you'll need to figure out which ports to allow for the game you want to host. What game is it btw.

Btw sLz, Zonealarm = dumb firewall; XP ICF = smart firewall ?? nahhhh :P

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3885 by Neon
Replied by Neon on topic Re: Plz need some help
lol sahirh I was thinking the exact same thing about your last line there :wink:
More
19 years 11 months ago #3901 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Plz need some help
Zonealarm is very good IMNSHO.. one of the better PF products on the market. Pity no inbuilt IDS though. Still.. snort will more than suffice :)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds