Skip to main content

DOS on Windows 98

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #37936 by Arani
DOS on Windows 98 was created by Arani
Hi all

I'm trying to setup a batch file on a windows 98 machine which will log the date and time every time it restarts. However the 'time /t' doesn't work. Apparently the '/t' switch doesn't work on the flavour of DOS provided on Windows 98.

Any ideas how I can achieve this, as I'm trying to avoid the user prompt after the time command which asks for a new time.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #37938 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: DOS on Windows 98
You can do it with pipes. Make a file that contains just a single <cr> and call it say Return.fil. Then you can pipe it into your time command using time < Return.fil. When the time command executes it will take its input from your file, in this case the <cr>, which will avoid you having to type it in.
If you want you can also pipe the output to a file as well by reversing the chevron: Time < Return.fil > Output.txt. This is useful if you don't want the output clutter in your screen or logfile but want to send it somewhere else to hide it
Have a mess with the above, it's a long time ago since I did this stuff but I think my memory's accurate
More
12 years 1 week ago #37939 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Re: DOS on Windows 98
I'll give that a go mate. Let's see.

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
12 years 1 week ago #37940 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: DOS on Windows 98
Good call TheBishop :) That should work easily.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds