Skip to main content

Domain

More
12 years 3 months ago #37738 by bkash
Domain was created by bkash
how do i security maintain in domain user's pc ? one user domain user a/c easily access to another user's pc and access file..
More
12 years 3 months ago #37740 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: Domain
We map peoples my documents to our file server. This is automatically done when a new user is created and then logs into a pc. The security sets itself up and permission flow properly so only that user has access.

The users are trained to save these file to their my documents. If they don't and save them on the individual PC they are then responsible for them.

They do not have admin rights to "their" pcs as well. Office workers only get windows and anti-virus on "their" PC. So there is no incentive to save on that PC anyways. We have a private cloud of virtual apps so they may do their job from the office or home its all the same.

Since windows is installed without apps its just not a problem.

If you are thinking of doing any of this I can go into further detail.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
12 years 3 months ago #37741 by bkash
Replied by bkash on topic Re: Domain
thanks for repaly.
but we are going to save all document in my document,it should be risky if windows is crash!!
all document all lost. so plz suggest another idea....
More
12 years 3 months ago #37742 by Bublitz
Replied by Bublitz on topic Re: Domain
I don't think your understanding my post. You redirect everyone my documents to s server you then backup that server with backup software. Then you can control the permissions and its backed up.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
12 years 2 months ago #37758 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: Domain
As Bublitz suggested, best action is to have a file server where all users docs are on it and you can backup their docs from their easily.
Also, I assume you have active directory, you can restrict each user to access/login only a certain computer.

always Face your Fears...
More
12 years 2 months ago #37767 by bkash
Replied by bkash on topic Re: Domain
Hi Alans,
how is it plz guide me ...
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds