Skip to main content

Microsoft Remote Desktop web connection

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #37699 by johnyb98
Good morning everybody.

Here's the situation:

Laptop A:MS Windows XP Pro SP2
Laptop B:MS Windows XP Pro SP3
What I wanna do:laptop A take picture of laptop B via MS Remote Desktop web connection.

I have read in MS articles that I should have installed some Windows components in each computer. Suppose that I install them, can this connection take place with these OS installed in each laptop? Or the remote laptop (laptop B ) should have at any rate Windows Server installed?

And another question:if it's ok with the remote computer not have Windows Server installed, is it ok to have Windows XP Home edition? So, conclusion, the combination XP Pro-XP Home, is it ok?

Can you please help me?

Thank you,

John
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by johnyb98.
More
12 years 2 months ago #37700 by Bublitz
XP home can remote into other machines via remote desktop, but cannot host a rdp connection(There are some hacks though). I don't quite understand what you mean take a picture?

When you remote desktop into another machine you can just take a screen shot and save it as a picture. Is that what you mean?

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
12 years 2 months ago #37701 by johnyb98
With "Take picture" I mean that I want laptop A, via remote desktop, to see and handle laptop B.
More
12 years 2 months ago #37703 by Bublitz
All right well the starment I made still holds true then.

XP pro you can remote into other machines and other machines can remote into it via remote desktop connection.

XP Home you can only remote into other machines. (unless you hack)

So what your trying to accomplish is totally doable.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #37704 by johnyb98

Bublitz wrote: So what your trying to accomplish is totally doable.

If I have understood well, the remote machine should not have at any rate Windows Server installed. Is that correct ?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by johnyb98.
More
12 years 2 months ago #37705 by Bublitz
You don't need windows server to do what your looking for. As long as all the machines are running xp pro your covered.

You can remote into the other machines just fine. Keep in mind when you remote in on xp pro to "take over", i.e. if you are using computer a and remote into computer b if someone is using computer b they will get booted off.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds