Skip to main content

hibernation

More
13 years 6 months ago #35558 by jheejhee
hibernation was created by jheejhee
How do you download hibernation file if you have accidentally deleted it.? From my other questions about my laptop not being able to hibernate, someone told me that I might of deleted my hibernation file while having a disc cleanup or antivirus scan. So how do I get it back or where do I go to download it.
13 years 6 months ago #35559 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: hibernation
It is unlikely that you have deleted any file linked to hibernation. If you want to bring your system to order, place in the Windows CD and repair.

goodluck
More
13 years 6 months ago #35566 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: hibernation
The hibernation file is normally named hiberfil.sys and is usually located in system boot drive (C:\). It's almost always opened/used by the system so it will probably not get deleted easily.

On the other hand, Make sure that you have hibernation enabled. On WinXP, Go to the display settings in control panel and check the "screen saver" tab, there should be a button named [power], click on that, then click on the hibernate tab, make sure the "Enable Hibernation" check box is checked. Hibernation could also be Enabled/Disabled in BIOS, so check that too.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds