Skip to main content

publishing software using group policy

More
14 years 5 months ago #32583 by sose
I am trying to publish a .msi file (firefox setup) using group policy, but I am encountering problems.

my procedures

I created a shared folder on the domain controller desktop and inserted the firefox setup

I used the domain in active directory users and computers to browse to the default group policy.

i clicked on edit on the default group policy to get to computer config and user config.

under user config mode i browsed to software installation. rightclicked and sellect new package.

I browsed to my shared folder to publish or assign the firefox setup. and here is the problem , it kept telling me that path connot be verified. if i choose to continue, my clients that have account on the domainn controller cannot see any published or assign package.

any observation ?
More
14 years 5 months ago #32612 by S0lo

I created a shared folder on the domain controller desktop and inserted the firefox setup

The folder is under the Desktop of an administrator I guess. Are you sure other users have permission to access it. By default, they don't. Try creating a shared folder under C:\ or some where else independence and right click it -> [Properties] -> [Security] Tab and make sure the other users have at least a read permission.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds