Skip to main content

stopping downloads

More
14 years 6 months ago #32389 by Perlhack
Replied by Perlhack on topic Re: stopping downloads
sose, i was not being serious. My apologies to you. Also, I believe my math is not correct, so I'm the one that should be fired.
More
14 years 6 months ago #32398 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: stopping downloads
we are all winners , I love this trend
More
14 years 6 months ago #32399 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: stopping downloads
sorry, the initially poster was onalo. onalo is my student, I collected hi laptop to make this post that is why his name is reflecting
More
14 years 6 months ago #32404 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic how about....
Well i don't know where this thread hopes to land but how about blocking / filtering websites where you know people always go to download. "since the initial post was stopping downloads".

Dlink 655 has the feature to block a particular site (sites like rapidshare, hotfiles, megaupload,etc etc) since we all know that when u go to a site like apps.katz.cd the download links will be redirected to either of the filehosting servers just listed (rapid share and co).

Perlhack ur suggestion of the 8am - 4pm scenario is really good for someone who just wants to monitor his internet usage. I implemented it here but mine is from 3pm so the workers have only internet access from 3pm well they close 5pm so if they like they should stay from 3pm - 10pm (no overtime pay) they just get 2hrs of browsing...

Onalo welcome on board.

Cheers

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 4 months ago #33068 by astrojunkee
Replied by astrojunkee on topic ^^
Maybe you have to set your client to a clean up browser which is no File, Edit, View, Favorites and Tools bar in your IE browser and most important is you have to lock your client to open the VIRTUAL COMPUTER..because of the VC they can download to your computer even it is block in the client.Because of IE they can't download any files bat when they have already downloaded the FIREFOX or any browser through VC they can do what even they want to do in your computer....
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds