Skip to main content

Online Email Archiving

More
14 years 8 months ago #31431 by The_Berzerker
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted a question :)

I'm searching for an online email archiving solution and would like to hear about your suggestions and experiences.

What I need to have is:
- Support for exchange
- hosted online so people can access remotely
- plenty of storage
- ability to search all archives
- individual access to personal archives
- import of pst files

I'm looking at Postini (now by google) and messagelabs, but have not tried either of them.

Any suggestions?
More
14 years 8 months ago #31480 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Online Email Archiving
Harry,

Did you know that Messagelabs were recently acquired by Symantec? We've been researching their email services for spam and antivirus scanning and they seem to be very good, however the pricing is a bit expensive for large account numbers. I'm not sure however is they offer anything that will work with Exchange.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
14 years 8 months ago #31500 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Online Email Archiving
Hi The_Berzerker :)

There are some cool open sources out there too, such as: hmailserver, Zimba, Atmail and some others. However, for the requirements of supporting Exchange and importing from PST files, I'm not sure. If you can live with Outlook as the client side, then you can use any mail server that supports pop/smtp. Then you would do the PST importing/exporting in outlook.

Does that make any sense?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 8 months ago #31572 by The_Berzerker
Hey guys,

Chris yes I know that MessageLabs is now part of Symantec. I actually have a web conference with them tomorrow. Let's see what they will show me.

So far the solutions seems good.

I'll give you more details tomorrow :wink:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds