Skip to main content

FTP: Client file transfer speed.....

More
14 years 11 months ago #30575 by talk2sp
Please how can i make my file transfers via FTP faster. well since there is a script in registry to auto log in admin, is there a script therein to auto make it faster.

Today i wanted to upload a file to my ftp server and cos the file was more than 20gb. it says u do not have permission to use the ftp server.... oh sh** so i started to do it 5 by 5.

I also notice that when i'm uploading sometimes it gives are error and say something about active and passive with numbers at their end. i.e active 231 ... passive 230....

then at the last sentence it says directory or syntax not valid. please how can i by pass this trouble. i just need it to be drag and drop.

Please would u advice; i dont have AD on my server for now since i formatted the system and did not configure AD cos i wanted to try something else. But do u think i should configure AD on my server.

I have the following roles on my winserver 2008: - IIS, UDDI, FILE, some others... can i still install AD. and looks like AD and TS dont go in handy when they operate on same system.

gracias...

Code3

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 11 months ago #30586 by talk2sp
Now i need a quick answer and i did not get it. i made this post more than 18hours ago ok i felt some good g33ks on this site might be @ work and etc. so i slept over and came back this morning and found no answer.....

and if i don't get an answer till the day runs out then i will know that everyone admits that windows sucks. and their in built ftp server is trash. cos when i check some other post about ftp, the same good g33ks use third party software's like zftp...

please someone give me a hit

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
14 years 11 months ago #30587 by Alans
Ok, I don’t know exactly why you don’t want to use FTP client?!!
Some FTP clients’ shows you the commands they use to do the task that you want to do.

Like if you dragged a file to the ftp server, it will show you the commands that it uses to copy that file to ftp server.
In this way you can fetch the commands and use it on the “command line ftp”.

I’ll say use an FTP client, try several settings, I mean passive, active, and in type try binary, see which one is works fine with you then use same settings with your “windows command line FTP”.

always Face your Fears...
More
14 years 11 months ago #30588 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic u dont get it.....
When i try to connect even if everything is good and my settings are OK. it will still say i don't have permission... ...... or if the files i am copying are so large (even 1gb) it wont copy.

checked some posts on technet (Microsoft) and i think i am just gonna upgrade my IIS to 7 for win sever 2008.

"well from my own perspective and general perspective of end users around me, i guess windows Xp is the only OS that Microsoft g33ks really sat down to create..."[/b]

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds