Skip to main content

Problems Of Cyber-cafe Computers (And Solutions)

More
15 years 1 day ago #30266 by routik
Hi please, in this recent times now cafes have gained so much ground that people spend more time of their lives in cybercafes, but unfortunately, most systems in our cafes are hectic, as they could make life much frustrating!

Now I want us to discus here what really could be the causes of such problem in cafes ranging from PC freezing, slow speed etc?

Visions are never fully formulated. they develop with time.
More
14 years 11 months ago #30282 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic TAKE UR POST TO....
hey collins these problems will never end. think about it ur self......... meanwhile for next time take ur post to OTHER not WINDOWS & DOS.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
14 years 11 months ago #30285 by S0lo
I think it's not easy for a public PC, like in a cafe or a students lab for example to always stand stable and perform well for a long time. From what I've seen, many users simply don't care about a piece of hardware that they don't own, things like, dropping the mouse, wrestling with the monitor, cables knotted or forced out of their jacks, playing with too many settings, power button pressed OFF while drive is active, and muti-clicking on a single icon trying to open an app quicker I guess!!, ya that works. Leave alone running "who knows what" downloaded executables. That all assuming the Admin had given limited user privileges.

Without a talented admin, a secure, robust initial setup and continuous monitoring from the admin. A PC's hardware/software is lucky if it stayed alive for one year.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 11 months ago #30286 by KiLLaBeE
I could not have said it any better than S0lo...

The more control the administrator has over the computers, the longer the PCs will remain functional within standards. The more control the users have, the faster the performance of the PCs will decrease.
More
14 years 10 months ago #30740 by jmcquay
More
14 years 10 months ago #30741 by r0nni3
nnbnbThere's this little program called DeepFreeze.
It makes an image of the pc and boots from the image every time.

The users can wreck whatever settings they like but the pc will be standard again after a reboot!

www.faronics.com/

I use it on the pc of my sis...saves me alot of headaches...

Currently working as Cisco Engineer at Neon-Networking.

Certifications:
CCNA - Have it
CCNA Security - Have it
CCSP - Almost!!!!
CCIE Security - Not so far away dream
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds