Skip to main content

wireless problem

More
15 years 1 month ago #30022 by ramachandraraju
Hi all,

In our office we are using wireless and wire network. with wire network everything is fine. with wireless only i am getting a different problem. in our office desktops and laptos also. one employee's laptop is giving the trouble. when he connected to the wired network he is able to work with internet. but when he switched into wireless then he is connecting to the wireless network but unable to connect to internet. i removed the wifi drivers and re installed the drivers but still same problem.
in his laptop, os is xp.

please help me.
More
15 years 1 month ago #30024 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: wireless problem
did you try connecting with other wireless devices
More
15 years 1 month ago #30025 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic Checklist for wireless
Hi, obviously you have proved that the LAN part of that laptop is working, so there are no issues with the ethernet card. Try checking the following:
1) Is the wireless adapter enabled on device driver? If yes then go to step 2 or else enable and try again.

2) Does the wireless adapter show any wireless connection when enabled? If yes then try selecting the relevant wireless connection from the 'Available Wireless Networks' list which should pop up the moment you enable the wireless adapter. If you don't see any list, then make sure the wireless router is broadcasting on the correct channels, or is it configured to pick up new hosts.

3) If all of the above fails, try connecting to the wireless connection using a external wireless adapter, if that works then you can narrow down the issue to the laptop wireless adapter. If it still doesn't work, then you go back to the wireless router, or the access point you are trying to connect to.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds