Skip to main content

SOS Active Directory User and Comp..

More
15 years 1 month ago #29763 by talk2sp
Hey Dear People,

First i must say i am happy that the top right corner of this site is now active.

to the problem:

I just recently configured active directory on windows server (everything went fine) now i have created a new user and i need to set what that user can do i mean in terms of deleting and copying files, etc (besides the account options where do i make this changes)

Please suggestions are wellcomed.

Gracias

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 1 month ago #29765 by KiLLaBeE
Controlling a user's ability to copy and delete files is done by file permissions on whatever files/shares you have on servers. By default, a new user will be a member of the Domain Users group, which won't give the user much access to the shares on different servers. So if you have certain shares on different servers that you want the user to be able to create files under, place that user in a group that has write, modify, or full control over the share.

On that same note, if you want to give that user access to do traditional administrative functions such as reset passwords, create computer accounts, groups in AD, etc, use the delegation wizard to do that.
More
15 years 1 month ago #29766 by talk2sp
Guys i buzzed sose on the phone since he is the closest to my location (lol) and he worked me through the task. please what does this mean: Password never expires in WinServer 2k3 active directory.

Ok let me guess what it means. When a user logon to the server, if he tries to access the server he has to put his user name and password again is that what it means?

and i still need suggestions and opinions to make my work go muuuuuah( that some kiss sound)

thanks killAbee long time no see ur post around. how have u been

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
More
15 years 1 month ago #29767 by KiLLaBeE
The default password policy is that passwords expire every 90 days (I think that's the default). Setting the "password never expires" option tells AD that the user's password will never expire, so the user will never be prompted to change his/her password (the user can use that password for as long as he/she wants).

Setting the "user must change password on next logon" is the option that forces a user to change his/her password on next logon (after entering whatever password was initially set).
More
15 years 1 month ago #29784 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic most thanks....
thanks man i really appreciate. i have started doing alot of brain storming on AD.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds