Skip to main content

Windows 7

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #29476 by Stephanie
Windows 7 was created by Stephanie
Has anyone installed Windows 7 over a Vista OS? My laptop has Vista Home Premium x64 installed.

I'm just wondering if it is worth the headache of switching or if I should leave the OS alone. The laptop is only a month old and I can still find the recovery disk, so now might be the time to play with MS's new OS. But I thought I would run this by the truly talented members of Firewall who have probably already been down this path.
More
15 years 4 weeks ago #29477 by timparker
Replied by timparker on topic Re: Windows 7
I haven't done an upgrade yet of Windows 7 but will be in the next few days. I have a new project that I am starting to figure out our agencies next steps. We currently are running a mix of XP and a handful of Win2k Pro machines. The boss wants me to get us moving forward to either Vista or Windows 7. I am leaning toward 7 but will be doing some upgrades, fresh installs, etc. I'll let you know how it goes.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #29478 by Stephanie
Replied by Stephanie on topic Re: Windows 7
Thanks!

I will keep looking for your updates.

Stephanie
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #29488 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic hey stephanie....
Hey Dearest Stephanie the only active human woman on firewall. lol. U'd install win7 over Winvista, really depends on ur hardisk space.. u are good to go make the installation.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #29552 by quinnyyy
Replied by quinnyyy on topic Re: Windows 7

I haven't done an upgrade yet of Windows 7 but will be in the next few days. I have a new project that I am starting to figure out our agencies next steps. We currently are running a mix of XP and a handful of Win2k Pro machines. The boss wants me to get us moving forward to either Vista or Windows 7. I am leaning toward 7 but will be doing some upgrades, fresh installs, etc. I'll let you know how it goes.

if you get windows 7 within the first year of release the problems you're setting yourself up for are endless. See how hard it is to get your normal wokring functions over to Vista, even network drives take a little playing to get right. You should stay with reliable windows XP while microsoft are still supporting and releasing updates. It dosent limit you any way in a buisness enviroment when using XP over Vista. If anyone can suggest something that XP can;t do over vista (that isn't visual), im sure a server could take on the role.
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #29559 by Stephanie
Replied by Stephanie on topic Re: Windows 7
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not really worried about making the laptop unusable, it's new but it's not my "go to" machine(s), that would be my Windows XP Pro laptops!

I think I'm going to walk on the wild side this weekend and just install it and see what happens. Like I said I have the restore CD's so if it goes really, really bad. I can take it back to factory default settings.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who is experimenting with Windows 7.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds