Skip to main content

Exchange Server 2003 Installation Problem...

More
15 years 3 months ago #29102 by ramachandraraju
Hi all,

I am new to Exchange Server. I installed it like,
Installed all pre-requisites like,
1. Active Directory
2. windows components like, asp.net, iis with nntp, smtp, www publishing service.

DNS is configured when Active Directory was installed. But after that i didn't do anything for DNS.
I click on Setup.exe (Enterprise Edition) ---> click on Exchange Deployment tools ----> Deploy the first exchange 2003 server ---> New Exchange 2003 installation ---> Run setup now (step8) ---> create a new exchange organization.

In some sites i read that we have to complete all the 8 steps one by one. Otherwise exchange will not install perfectly. And DNS should be perfectly configured. But i installed only 8th step and i didn't do anything with DNS (except configured in the Active Directory installation ) . But i installed it. How it is possible without installing all the previous 7 step. Everything is working fine.

Please tell me is it right or wrong? If it is wrong then tell me the real procedure that how to install it.
Please help me.

Thank u
More
15 years 2 months ago #29424 by usaaforce09
Replied by usaaforce09 on topic Exchange Server
RamChandra!

I follow one rule! If things are working fine than don't mess with it otherwise you will dig a hole for your self. I am not a Exchange Server Engineer but it seems like you din't even do LPAR on it. Did you follow every step if you did than it should be working. :arrow:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds