Skip to main content

Antivirus or deep freeze

More
15 years 4 months ago #28654 by sose
I was wondering wether a deepfreeze software can take the place of an anti virus, because with a deep freeeze installed you cant have your antivirus update so what is the point in combining the two.

Also, I installed a kaspersky( trial version) then installed a deep freeze which will show me I have a 21 days trial period.. but because of the deepfreeze installed, it never exceeded the 21 days warning b ecause deep freeze is always reversing the setting to the first day.
More
15 years 4 months ago #28657 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic hmmm sose...
this is a nice post and one to delegate upon. i have also had this feeling. i feel for just cafe computers which i feel is ur reference point. then Deep freeze is better.... but note then ur server should have a strong anti-virus / internet security, in-bound firewall, etc.

Happy new year S0lo.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 4 months ago #28669 by skepticals
Sose,

There is no reason that you can't run both. I ran Deep Freeze and Norton AntiVirus on 20 public PCs for years. I have the computers go into a "Thawed" state during the night and I scheduled Notron to update in the maintenance window.

Honesty, you could probably get away with just Deep Freeze. I had computers get infected and all I had to do is reboot them. I could even do this remotely with Deep Freeze.

I would still use both and just have a maintenance window at night for Updates (antivirus, windows, etc.)
More
15 years 4 months ago #28676 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: Antivirus or deep freeze
what an administrative overhead
well, if we dont have a choice then let it be
More
15 years 4 months ago #28694 by skepticals
It was easy to configure and pretty much worked all the time. I liked it.
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds