Skip to main content

small business anti virus?

More
15 years 5 months ago #28309 by Kn1ght
I own a small IT company and I'm trying to find a good anti virus that is web administered. I currently use mcafee total small business protection but it doesn't allow for good administration of the grant licenses (their lingo for when one client has paid or not) they just lump it all together. Anyone else find a good fit?!?!? I'm going to look at trend micro next.

Thanks
More
15 years 5 months ago #28322 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: small business anti virus?
kerspasky disappointed me too- very poor support
More
15 years 5 months ago #28334 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: small business anti virus?
They use "trend micro" in our place. Not sure about the actual reasons. But they switched from Symantec Corporate edition which was running for the last 5 years. The client side of "trend micro" is more than simple. In fact it's too simple. Haven't seen real problems with it yet, but I guess it's too early to judge it.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 5 months ago #28369 by TheBishop
We moved to Trend mico too, for the same inexplicable reasons. As S0lo said the client side is simplicity itself. However although the product does scale up to enterprise-level I've found it clunky and inflexibkle when administering large numbers of servers. Also for thier enterprise approach to work your network must be connected to the internet (it wil then download and distribute its updates automatically). However if your network is isolated and you want to download updates yourself then still deploy them automatically then expect pain and suffering as you'll constantly have to defeat their arrangements. You can of course delpoy manually but that to me defeats the purpose of buying an enterprise-capable system in the first place
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds