Skip to main content

WinAdmin iPhone Help

More
15 years 5 months ago #28292 by yoshi9769
Hello all, i recently purchases WinAdmin and cant for the life of me get it to connect remotely. hears what i got.

Windows vista Ultimate: Remote Desktop is turned on and i have checked it to allow any user.

Router: Linksys WRT54gl with DD-WRT installed, forwarded port 3389 for RDC to my static ip. Should this be under port range forward of port forward?

WinAdmin setup: hostname i have as my external ip, username and pass. Do i add my domain? and for port i have 3389.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh
More
15 years 5 months ago #28293 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: WinAdmin iPhone Help
I assume here that this is WinAdmin for the iPhone. Right? If so, were you able to connect to it remotely using RDC on a PC? I mean without using WinAdmin.

If this is possible then the problem is surely in your iPhone or WinAdmin configuration. Which brings me to, Can you browse the net with the iPhone? What message does it show when it fails?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 5 months ago #28306 by yoshi9769
Replied by yoshi9769 on topic Re: WinAdmin iPhone Help
Yes it is WinAdmin for the iPhone. I just tried to connect from and friends pc and that did not work. And yes i can browse the internet on my phone. The message that i get when i try to connect from my phone is "Could not establish a connection to the server".

Thanks!
More
15 years 5 months ago #28315 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: WinAdmin iPhone Help

I just tried to connect from and friends pc and that did not work.

Since that didn't work then I'd check the following.

1. Remote Desktop is allowed in your firewall settings on the Windows Vista. Or disable your firewall.

2. If the above is checked. Then try to RDP from a PC in the local LAN (not remote). If it works then the problem is probably in the Linksys WRT54gl forwarding settings. If not, then it's your Vista settings.

3. If RDP from local LAN did not work then this might help: www.firewall.cx/ftopict-5766-rdp.html

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 5 months ago #28318 by Chojin
Replied by Chojin on topic Re: WinAdmin iPhone Help
** Additional towards Solo's superb answer**

Also, on the computer where you want to RDP to.. open a command prompt and enter :

netstat -an | find /i "list"

There should be a port listening on 3389. This way you can check if your RDP is configured properly.

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
15 years 4 months ago #28458 by huron
Replied by huron on topic WINADMIN with IP phone
I was able to login to my PC at home through the isp modem. However, I had to disconnect my vonage modem to accomplish this.

When I connect my vonage modem. My IP address changes. I enter that info into winadmin, but I cannot connect. I also forwarded port 3389 in my vonage modem. I did not have to do this with my isp modem.

Any suggestions?
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds