Skip to main content

Profiles in Win2k

More
20 years 2 months ago #2645 by SmartDude
Profiles in Win2k was created by SmartDude
Helll guys,
I m facing weird problem today. From one profile/ username i can print every document while from another profile/ username i can print only some of the documents link .pdf n other. So how do i work properly with both profiles.

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
More
20 years 2 months ago #2646 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: Profiles in Win2k
SmartDude –

What OS are you using? Off the top it sounds like you are having permissions issues.

• Try changing the permissions to something higher for the user that is limited.
• Create a new user with the same permissions as the limited user and test.
• Delete and recreate the limited user.

If its possible please post more information on your issue, IE: OS version, logging into standalone box, logging into NT domain, logging into LDAP, etc..
This would be very helpful in helping you to troubleshoot your issue.

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
20 years 2 months ago #2652 by Kn1ght
Replied by Kn1ght on topic Re: Profiles in Win2k
I agree with Jack, but I don't think that he looked at the whole title of your post. :D He is using windows 2k. A lot of people don't know that you actually have PRINT permissions, not just NTFS permissions. Make sure that they are the same on both profiles.

Thanks
More
20 years 2 months ago #2653 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: Profiles in Win2k
Kn1ght -

You are correct, if only I opened my eyes a wee bit more... :shock:

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
20 years 2 months ago #2654 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Profiles in Win2k
I'm not sure if I got this right, but it sounds like he's saying that he can only print documents with certain extensions.. I don't know how the printer permissions work in 2k, but could it be something as basic as some software hasn't got the printer set up properly ? For example, he says he can print some pdfs, but not other stuff....

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 2 months ago #2655 by SmartDude
Replied by SmartDude on topic profiles in win2k
yes sahirh, u got my point. Its strange. I have both the same normal users with same permissions. BUt can print only some of the docs from user 2 n i can print anything from user 1 profile. Don't know why. Hope this lits little more light on my problem to solve it.

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds