Skip to main content

vista random wireless loss

More
16 years 4 months ago #24287 by wannafly172
I recently Re upgraded to windows vista premium. Well not for some reason i have intermitted complete wireless failure. and no other computer in the house has this problem.
when it happens
1.lose all connection.
2.unable to connect to network
3. must reboot and thats getting old....
system specs.
Duo core centrino HP9535nr
In bedded wireless... when had vista premium before never had this issue... do not know why now... help

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
16 years 4 months ago #24290 by DaLight
Have you checked your power management settings?
More
16 years 4 months ago #24299 by wannafly172
yepp

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
16 years 4 months ago #24303 by DaLight
Other possible suggestions (and I'm possibly grasping at straws here ..) are:
1. Get latest wireless NIC drivers
2. Delete wireless connections settings and re-enter them.
3. Check that no other computer has grabbed the PC's IP address. I've seen this happen with the BT home hub (based on a SpeedTouch variant).
More
16 years 4 months ago #24311 by GTM
Replied by GTM on topic Re: vista random wireless loss
another thing that you could try is to change the wireless channel. I have seen just what your describing happen before and once the channel gets changed the connection becomes more stable.
More
16 years 4 months ago #24317 by wannafly172
yea.. im trying to see if my security settings have something to do with it..... but other then that i changed the wireless channel. ima try and see what happens

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds