Skip to main content

Windows XP Pro shut down problem

More
20 years 3 months ago #2417 by goldensnake
Monitor on the screen is in blue colour when the pc is shut down even the power on the CPU is off .

Normally the monitor screen should turn to black colour once you shut down the pc.

Please advise how to correct this problem.
More
20 years 3 months ago #2420 by jackeen
1...try the monitor as a standalone unit,disconnect it from the video card and switch it on if the problem is still there its probably the monitor is on the way out,

2...if it is gone,start by checking the pins on the vga cable that connects to your video card make sure there all straight,reconnect and try again.

3... if all eles fails swap out the monitor if you have a spare one.

good luck :P
More
20 years 3 months ago #2428 by goldensnake
It happens in 3 workstations which have been upgraded to windows XP. Previously the pcs are fine with windows 2000 pro.
More
20 years 3 months ago #2429 by jackeen
before you upgraded did you run the hcl hardware compatability program on the xp cd to see if all your hardware was xp compatible?

am i reading your original post correctly its happenening when the pc power down and is completly turn off bar the monitor.

you could always download the latest drivers for xp for you hardware,its quite possible that xp doesn't like some of your windows 2000 drivers
More
20 years 3 months ago #2434 by sahirh
Sounds like the monitor is kaput.
Does it glow a bright blue ? Sounds like its taking the concept of a blue screen of death too far lol.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2459 by MaXiMuS
hey , i seem to know a lil bit about this problem

the comps in are lab give us not just blue but green , yellow , orange :P and all kind of colours when the CPU is off . They are mainly dual boot machines using Red hat and Nt but are meant for experimentation purposes , cant say bout XP but , its not really much of a problem , i dont think u shold worry much about it , just download the latest set of drivers.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds