Skip to main content

AIM - Error Code 3

More
20 years 4 months ago #1950 by Maskkkk
AIM - Error Code 3 was created by Maskkkk
I'm having a problem with AIM ever since I got my new Router. It stays connected for a few minutes and then if I don't talk it boots me off. And sometimes even if I do talk it boots me off. Not only that when I do stay on sometimes I'll send like about 10 messages to someone thinking they're not there, and then I'll get back like 20 of thiers all out of order. Eventually it kicks me off and gives me this error message about Message from server Error code 3. Thanks that's real descriptive. It's a wireless network with a router hooked up to a cable modem. Any ideas?

[img]http://home.pct.edu/~leeand00/Hole in the Ozone Layer.gif[/img]

- A Man is not an island...that's why we have fourms!
More
20 years 4 months ago #1955 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: AIM - Error Code 3
Hmm I know nothing about AIM but the disconnection problem sounds like some sort of keep-alive issue.. where the connection times out when there is no inactivity for a certain period.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 4 months ago #2002 by TomaHawK
Replied by TomaHawK on topic Re: AIM - Error Code 3
have you forwarded the the AIM ports to your pc?
what kind of router have you got?

all errors are intended, correction will lead to sudden death
More
20 years 4 months ago #2097 by Kn1ght
Replied by Kn1ght on topic Re: AIM - Error Code 3
HAHA I stumped you guys. :p

Actually I was reading more in depth of the sites that you posted and that helps a little. But the next seniaro that my boss gave me was I have to pick a computer here at work and monitor it for three days, and explain to him what is going on with the computer. I don't know what counters to use, or anything like that, kind of annoying, oh well you guys are awesome.

Kn1ght the confused.

Thanks
More
20 years 4 months ago #2098 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: AIM - Error Code 3
Hey, "Kn1ght the confused", I think you ar confused here. Are you sure you wanted to put this post here? I assume you wanted it in the topic "Performance Monitor for windows 2000" - www.firewall.cx/modules.php?name=Forums&...=viewtopic&t=445 .

I figure this is the case, since you started the thread and were asking questions about the counters. :?

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 4 months ago #2103 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: AIM - Error Code 3
Yep looks like its ended up in the wrong place :) hey tfs.. how do you move just one post to another topic ? I could only figure out how to split the posts from this thread and start a new topic.

Most high fangled bit of moderation we've had to do in a while eh ;) ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds