Skip to main content

Needs help with windows Server and related support

More
17 years 6 months ago #17536 by ashish_hcl
Hello Firewall Members,
As Networking and windows are so much related to each other that if U know one well and other not then this may lead into trouble in a lot of situations...like the one I had,

I have came across a similar situation, but until then I never realized that...but as I had so need you assistant

coming to the point as I am a newbie at these so need some assistant from people who are working on this,
is there any good website or reference article to know abt stuff like active directory, IIS server, Web serber, Domain server and related stuff which may include installation, knowledge by which I can learn and then find a way to carve gud foundation in this field..

I tried googling but that didn't gave any such gud results,

Thus landed here..

Plz help

Thanks in Advance
More
17 years 6 months ago #17540 by Smurf
Best to take a look at the meterials for the MCSE tracks. This will go through stuff about DNS, stuff about IIS and Active Directory stuff.

You can get loads of books on these subjects....

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 6 months ago #17546 by ashish_hcl
Thank you so much for that valuable information smurf,
However when you are working(professional) its kind of hard to get sufficient time for reading a book.
however if you can get a reference to resourceful website like firewall.cx or www.tcpipguide.com then its kinda of easy to go through and understand the stuff.
I hope I am able to explain what I am looking for..
Can anyone working on that doamin be kind enough to provide that information,
Thanks in advance
More
17 years 6 months ago #17549 by nske
Since I deleted the duplicate thread, I quote gosbollen's post here:

If you know what you're looking for:

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

More
17 years 6 months ago #17606 by hans06
try this site hope it will give you some information you need www.visualwin.com/
More
17 years 6 months ago #17608 by Smurf

However when you are working(professional) its kind of hard to get sufficient time for reading a book.
however if you can get a reference to resourceful website like firewall.cx or www.tcpipguide.com then its kinda of easy to go through and understand the stuff.

I'm affraid you'll have to be prepared to do some hard graft to advance in this industry. We are all working(professionals) and unfortunatley need to make time to study in order to keep ontop of our game.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds